Cinco de Mayo is a fun holiday for all to celebrate, but doing so the healthy way can be difficult. This classic with a twist is a great way to get in all the flavors of the day without overdoing it. Easy to make healthy Cinco de Mayo nachos are the perfect recipe for the day.
Sweet potatoes are full of healthy bonuses like vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, manganese, and antioxidants. We recommended not taking the peel of your sweet potatoes to get the most out of their healthy benefits.
Healthy Cinco de Mayo Sweet Potato Nachos
Sweet Potato Rounds
– 1 large sweet potato
– 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese
– 1/4 cup black beans
– 1/4 cup sweet corn
– 1/4 cup guacamole
– 1/4 salsa
– 1/4 plain Greek yogurt
– Cilantro to taste
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
– Slice the sweet potato into thin rounds and lay flat on a baking sheet. Drizzle the rounds with olive oil and season with the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
– Increase heat to 400 degrees and back for 20 minutes.
– When baked, pull out of the oven and top with cheese. Place the pan back into the oven for two minutes or until the cheese is melted.
– Top with the rest of the desired toppings and serve.
Tips: try adding the beans and corn in step four with the cheese. This will warm the beans and corn slightly for a different taste.
Don’t let unhealthy food stand in your way of enjoying Cinco de Mayo. Instead, enjoy these healthy Cinco de Mayo sweet potato nachos and all the day has to offer. For more BOARD30 favorites and healthy recipes checkout our blog here!